A history is taken and covers:
- the Patient’s Complaints and Concerns in detail
- Pregnancy and Birth history
- Trauma history
- Medical history
- Developmental milestones
- A Review of Systems.
A physical examination follows and covers as standard:
- Spine/Shoulder/Hip Range of motion
- Muscle Stretch and Infant Reflexes
- Spinal and peripheral Joint Motion Palpation
- Soft tissue palpation.
Additional items like Cranial nerve and specific Neurological/Orthopaedic tests are performed as required. X-rays are not requested as standard.
Decisions are then made to determine the suitability of the patient for Chiropractic care and the likely outcomes with treatment. The need for any further investigations or referral is also considered.
Dr Richard Mathers